Finding Best Medical University in Ukraine is not a big deal though there is no specific formula to find the best university. But there are a few points, if we keep them in mind we will end up finding the best University. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8jJbeDNapo&t=21s
A university should fall under all the below mentioned criteria;-
1. The University should run by the Government, there are 2 categories of Medical Universities in Ukraine (State / National). State Universities are low budget Universities located in a small town and run by State Governments, on the other hand, National Universities run by Central Government these Universities are old with more facilities and are located in big cities.
2. The population of City where the University is located should be a minimum of 7 Lakh or more. As many universities are located in cities with a population of just over 3 lakhs, In such cities there is a lack of medical facilities and lack of patients as well. Students don't get enough patient exposure in cities with less population. So 7 lakh is the ideal population as per my opinion.
3. The older University is the better University, In Ukraine, there are 4 Universities which are the oldest (more than 200 Years). a) Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University
b) Taras Schevchenko National Medical University
c) O O Bogomolets National Medical University
d) Kharkiv National Medical University
the universities which are old have many benefits over those which are new (Less than 100 Years).
Firstly, old universities are more experienced in teaching international students also the Professors & doctors are more experienced in teaching students.
Old Universities have alumni all over the world.
4. International Airport in the same city where the medical university is located. There are 4 major international airports in Ukraine. a) Kyiv International Airport
b) Lviv International Airport
c) Kharkiv International Airport
d) Odessa International Airport
If you choose a university with an international airport there are a lot of benefits to choose such Universities. Firstly, No domestic travel is required which saves money and time. Secondly, during emergency travel at home cities with international Airports have a big role.
Note - There are a lot of airports in Ukraine, please check you have to choose cities with flights to India and not domestic connections.
5. FMGE/MCI Result of the University - As per my opinion exam result is solely dependent on the students, Sometimes from best universities students fail in the FMGE exam and Sometimes from worst universities students pass the FMGE exam. No medical university in Ukraine or any other country where Indian students are going to pursue a Medical degree guarantees the students that he/she will pass FMGE 100%. But some students take this criteria in account while choosing medical University in Ukraine. Below are the few Medical Universities as per the MCI/FMGE passing result from 2015–2018. a) Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University - 1st Rank
b) Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University - 2nd Rank
c) Bukovinian State Medical University - 3rd rank
d) Vinnitsya National Medical University - 4th Rank
Note - This factor is not very important
6. International Exposure - As maximum students when planning to study abroad have in mind that they will study with students from all around the globe, it's not true. If you want to study with the European students & American students you have to go to the major cities of Ukraine. That is Kyiv, Lviv, Kharkiv, and Odessa. Students who have a restricted budget prefer studying in smaller towns.
Choose any country and any university in the world for your MBBS, but choose it wisely your education matters.
If you fail to choose the right University you will suffer all your life.