Medical University of Silesia
Map Location of Medical University of Silesia
Side-note: The Medical University of Silesia has the most modern medical education center in Poland. As a well-known medical school in Poland, the Medical University of Silesia conducts MBBS and Dentistry courses (Polish and English), international student exchange programs, MBA, master-student programs, scientific research programs, specialized training programs and post-graduate medical education in Poland.
This blog post highlights all details about the Medical University of Silesia and its medical academic programs in Poland for the understanding of the aspiring students.
The Medical University of Silesia Is Located In Katowice, Poland, (About The City)
The Medical University of Silesia is located in the following 5 locations:
- Katowice: A center of science, culture, industry, business, trade, and transportation in Upper Silesia, southern Poland.
- Zabrze: Very near to Katowice, Zabrze is composed of 15 districts and 3 housing estates.
- Ligota: Christmas celebrations are the star attraction in this district of Katowice.
- Bytom: An old Polish city with many art galleries, cultural centers, and education institutes.
- Sosnowiec: An industrial city with Sielecki Castle as the oldest building.
Side-note: Our international medical education consultancy program for Poland ensures high chances of admission to the best medical institutes, Poland which can be your first step towards a life in the European Union.
International Airports near Medical University of Silesia, Katowice
About Medical University of Silesia
The university is also popular as:
Medical University Of Silesia, Katowice
Medical University of Silesia in Katowice (SUM in Katowice)
The SUM in Katowice was founded in 1948. It has 5 faculties –
- Public Health
- Health Sciences
The five faculties are located in Zabrze, Katowice, Ligota, Bytom, and Sosnowiec.
SUM offers full-time and part-time first and second cycle studies from all its medical faculties in Poland.
English language division of Medical University of Silesia, Katowice also conducts the following courses:
- Pharmacy and medical biotechnology
- Public health
After gaining its university status in 2007, SUM has rights to confer doctoral degrees and postdoctoral degrees in the following disciplines of medical sciences and health:
- Pharmaceutical sciences
- Medical sciences
- Health sciences
SUM, Katowice has introduced e-learning courses where classes are conducted on the internet platform.
Side-note: Pursue MBBS medical studies in Poland with guidance from our expert consultants and get placed in the top medical institutes in Poland and across the world.
Accommodation at Medical University of Silesia
The dormitories of the Medical University of Silesia are located in Medykow Street in Katowice-Ligota. The dormitory buildings are 7-floor building and 8-floor building respectively.
Students can choose between two kinds of single room accommodation. Though the room furnishing is same, there is a difference in the restroom and extra amenities that make a difference in the rent you pay for the kind of dormitory room you choose.
Side-note: Wrong hostel application or deferred hostel fee payment can delay your hostel accommodation facility. Thus, we help students to accurately apply for hostels in medical colleges, Poland and avail the hostel facilities from the day they arrive.
Advantages of Pursuing MBBS at Medical Faculty, Medical University of Silesia
- 150 Student Scientific Societies operating at all faculties
- Nonprofit higher medical institute in Poland
- Library with computer center
- 5 clinical hospitals
- 517 and 57 students in Medicine and Dentistry (English division)
- 24-years of English language division
- International students from 7 continents
- International cooperation with 80+foreign universities
- 3 Medical Simulation Centers
- Europe Center for Didactics and Medical Simulation, 2012
- Didactic and scientific base with 260 departments
Side-note: Call us at 1800-123-5619 to get the complete list of MCI approved medical universities in Poland.
Fees Structure of Medical University of Silesia
Eligibility Criteria for Indian Students
Total MBBS Tuition Fees(Rs.)
Medical University of Silesia
Eligibility: Indian Student should get 85% in PCB of 12th. (70% PCB in ICSE/CBSE)
The Medical University of Silesia is recognized by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education, Poland.
The Medical University of Silesia also has the following accreditations:
- Polish Accreditation Commission
- Accreditation Committee of Academic Medical Universities
- US Department of Education
- New York State
- The state of California
- Thai government
- Medical Council of India
Side-note: We help international students from different parts of the world to apply in medical universities in Poland based on their budget, education preferences and capabilities.
Ranking & Recognition
Medical University of Silesia ranks 2930 globally.
Side-note: MBBSUniversities.com is an international education consultant helping students to get admission in MBBS abroad universities in Poland and across the world. E-mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Documents Required For Admission at Medical University of Silesia
- High School Diploma
- High School Transcript
- Application Form
- 3 Photos with Candidate’s Name and Surname Signed on the Back
- Registration Fee Payment Receipt
- Health Certificate
*Please submit notarized photocopies of the above documents*
Side-note: How medical education in Poland really benefits your career? We start explaining this basic question and we thereby become the guide for every aspiring student who wishes to make a medical career in Poland. The aim is to help young international students get selected by best medical colleges, Poland and thus, make a step towards a life in the European Union. If interested to discuss your profile for medical studies in Poland, please call us.